At JSTAR Enterprise we examine with the young people the variety of areas of concern they might have and support them through the process of accessing already existing services. We recognise that individuals may have multiple issues, concerns or problems that might require a multi-agency approach to bring about a resolution.
We will provide the ongoing support to the young person during the referral or signposting process to ensure that the outcomes they seek are achieved as much as they can be. Whilst doing so we will encourage the young person to provide feedback about the support they receive from each service and thereby evaluating the effectiveness of the local services from their perspective.
JSTAR provides support in a number of ways:
- Young counselling support
- Mentoring programmes
- Social action events
- Signposting and referral with support
- Support for young carers
- Health and Well-being information
- Business and enterprise projects
- COGOP/ RAFFA Community Chaplaincy
The benefits of using the support provided by JSTAR:
- Increased usage of community services already available
- Increase community spirit
- Reduction in young and repeat offenders
- Positive impact on local businesses
- Reduction of challenges and pressure on young people
Our goal is to foster a commitment to young people that will promote pro-social friendships, strong interpersonal skills, and reassert a sense of hope in their future. Only through personal relationships can a sense of individual responsibility be re-established that will give them the commitment to follow through on a path to adulthood with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
|< Prev||Next >|